Here you will find past and current information about our upcoming building project and the capital campaign we have launched to fund this exciting step in our church's future.
Video Updates Share on Facebook Page
- July 12, 2018 | Lower level construction in the Children's Ministry area.
- July 11, 2018 | Getting a bird's eye view of the project.
- July 10, 2018 | Shingles being removed from the old roof.
- July 9, 2018 | New trusses in place.
- July 9, 2018 | Building committee members checking out the new trusses.
- July 7, 2018 | Discovering Narnia (a.k.a., the old office space).
- July 5, 2018 | Pastor Andrew showing the roof being removed.
- July 2, 2018 | Pastor Andrew in the old office space.
- June 25, 2018 | Pastor Andrew showing the start of internal demolition.
- June 18, 2018 | Pastor Andrew in the Community Room with temporary wall.
- June 11, 2018 | Two months post-groundbreaking ceremony.
- June 11, 2018 | Pastor Karen catched the excavators in action.
- June 6, 2018 | Pastor Andrew explains the Sactuary roof work.
July 31 Update | Our building really looks like a construction site now! Portions of the interior; upstairs and lower level, are being demolished, making way for renovations and the addition. The retaining wall and foundation have been poured. Praise God for work crew safety, our flexible staff and the good ministry that continues.
Above: Location of the new addition looking from current building out to Burton Street entrance.
Below: Location of new hallway (replacing the old Lounge/Workroom/Men's Bathroom).
July 2018 Update | Trusses are on site and will be set in place next week. The Sanctuary roof extensions passed inspection. The underground storm system located under the footprint of the addition is fully installed.
May 2018 Update | Construction is about to begin! Michiganders know that construction includes some disruption. Before Memorial Day we will start to experience these:
- Construction begins the week of May 21
and is scheduled to be completed in April 2019.
- All traffic should enter/exit off Cascade Road as the
Burton Street drive will be closed during the project.
- The south parking lot near Burton will be fenced off for
work, materials, and job trailer.
- Parents: Be aware that our building and grounds will be a
construction site, please keep an eye on your children at ALL times.
- Some areas of the upper and lower levels will be walled-off for
safety as work begins inside this summer.
- Most of the kitchen will be available during construction
except the range and oven.
- Watch for updates, photos and future tours info here.
Thank you for your patience and prayers as we make room for expanded ministry.
Photos from the Groundbreaking Celebration on April 22
The building committee has unanimously chosen GDK Construction as the construction manager. Learn more about them here. We are targeting a spring 2018 start for site work footings and foundation. To communicate with the committee, send them an email.
Architectural rendering of the expansion and the Multi Purpose Room. Click here to view full-size versions of the images below.
Click here to download a PDF of the Building Update Presentation given at the October 2017 Congregational MeetingS.
Building Info Meeting Presentation (click Link to download from dropbox); or view download PDF version from resources at right.