Connecting to Community
We welcome you to develop relationships within our church community. There are a variety of places to grow deeper in faith and in service, alongside others, from children & youth ministry, urban & justice programs, women's & men's ministry, to weekly worship & Small Groups. We invite you to join our local community as we seek to be transformed by Christ, and participate in Jesus’ mission to the world.
other ways to Connect to Community:
- 12Below Luncheons take place periodically. These are specifically designed for people who are new to Thornapple (who have attended 12 months or less). To learn about the next 12Below luncheon, click here.
- Classes about the Covenant Church and also a membership class are offered periodically. It is a great way to learn more about the church and to meet some of the staff and elders. For more details go to this link.
- Join a Small Group - To learn more, click here.
- Stephen Ministry - Equipped and empowered lay caregivers—called Stephen Ministers—provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people who are hurting. For more details, click here.
- Events specifically for women, click here.
- Events specifically for men, click here.
- Room at the Table: The first Sunday of every month we encourage people to eat together after worship. For more details, click here.
- You can volunteer to serve together in one of the many ministry areas.
- You can particpate in one of the women's or men's Bible studies.
- You can attend a Sunday adult formation class.
If you have questions about how to connect to the Thornapple community, contact our Pastor of Community Life, Karen Ingebretson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-957-0580.