Annual Meeting of Thornapple Covenant Church
Sunday, February 23, 2020 at Noon in the Sanctuary
All members and friends are warmly encouraged to attend. Historically, annual meetings last approximately 90 minutes. Childcare for children through 6th grade will be available in the Lower Level. There will be light refreshments available after church for those who are staying for the meeting.
The Annual Meeting Pre-Read packet will be available at the Welcome Center starting Feb. 9. Please read it in preparation for the Annual Meeting. There will be Town Hall meetings during both services on February 16.
- Financial review of 2019
- Presentation of the 2020 budget (including a vote to ratify)
- Leadership nominations for 2020 (including a vote to elect)
Under the Bylaws, any Active Member may nominate other persons to fill any leadership vacancies, but must do so by providing written notice to the Council of Elders. All nominations require the consent of the individual nominated and should be received by the Council Chair no later than February 16, 2020.
Active members who cannot attend the meeting will be able to vote by proxy or absentee ballot. If you are an active member and cannot attend, please consider the following:
- Voting by Proxy: This method is preferred since a proxy counts toward a quorum. Please complete a proxy form and give it to a member who will be attending the meeting so that they can act as your designee at the Annual Meeting. A member can only hold one proxy.
- Voting by Absentee Ballot: An absentee ballot does not count towards our quorum, but does enable you to vote. Absentee Ballots must be returned to the Welcome Center or church office by 11:30am on February 21, 2020.
Forms will be available on this page starting February 9. Print the form and complete it. Absentee Ballots should be turned into the church office or to the Welcome Center. Proxy forms should be given to your designee who will in turn bring it to the meeting. There will also copies of both of the forms at the Welcome Center.
Forms will be available on this page starting February 10. Print the form and complete it. Absentee Ballots should be turned into the church office or to the Welcome Center. Proxy forms should be given to your designee who will in turn bring it to the meeting. There will also copies of both of the forms at the Welcome Center.
Annual Meeting Printables
- 2019 Year In Review
- 2020 Annual Meeting Pre-Read Packet
- 2020 Proxy Form (preferred voting method)
- 2020 Absentee Ballot (updated 2/18/20)