Here are some ideas of where you can serve in connection with the International Mission Ministry:
1. Missionary Care Program: Contact small group leaders and match missionaries with a small group. We need 1-2 people to help with implementing the program and updating profiles.
2. Missionary Highlight on Sunday mornings: Pastor Karen writes weekly prayer needs which are included in the bulletin for our Thornapple missionaries. If you would like to help, contact Pastor Karen.
3. Missionary Goodbyes: When we have missionaries leaving for the field we like to have a special event including a time of prayer and blessing for the missionaries. We need a team of people who will plan these events; perhaps the events can be done in coordination with the small group that is sponsoring the missionary.
4. Missionary Welcome Team: We need a team who will help returning missionaries integrate into the Thornapple community. The team would help welcome missionaries and assist in practical needs as well as inform the congregation and plan an event for the missionary to share about their ministry and prayer needs.
5. Missionary Prayer Updates: Thornapple receives letters and emails giving prayer updates from our missionaries. We need to develop a system for dispersing this information to our Thornapple people. We cannot post information connected to individual missionaries on our website due to safety concerns when that information is placed in the public domain.
International Mission Ministry Team:
1. We need a team of individuals who meet to interview candidates who are requesting to be identified as Thornapple missionaries, both short and long term. This team would also meet to debrief missionaries after returning from the field.
2. We need an administrative team to discuss long range planning, yearly budgets, and to meet together with the Thornapple staff support person (most likely this would be quarterly).