Are you interested in connecting further with the men of Thornapple? Growing in your faith? Discovering new ways to Serve? Men's Ministries is on the move. Scroll down to learn about many opportunities for connecting, growing and serving with men at Thornapple.
Men's Ministry Weekly Programs and upcoming events:
- Monday mornings Men's Study at 6:30 AM (all year). We eat breakfast, discuss the sermon, share and pray together. Join us! We meet at church on all Mondays EXCEPT the first Monday of the month when we meet at The Gathering Place Restaurant at 6886 Cascade Rd. SE. For more information or with questions, contact Kirk Mortenson at email@example.com.
- Men's bible studies meet weekly and run October-April. To learn more, including sign up information, go here.
- Men's Breakfasts three times a year. For more details and online registration for the next breakfast, click here.
- Men's slow pitch softball begins each May and runs through midsummer. For more details go here.
- Summer gatherings each year for a time of fellowship, fun activities and relationship-building.
- Bible Study Fellowship - Join together with other men from the community and study God's word together on Tuesday nights September through May at 6:55pm. For more about this study, click here.
- Men's Fall Retreat at Portage Lake (annually).
1. Family Promise Moving Team - join a group of about six TECC men once or twice a month for a few hours on Wednesday or Thursday evenings from 5 PM to 8 PM as we move donated furniture into new homes for families in Grand Rapids. Its a great way to work shoulder to shoulder and we play a vital part in a cool ministry. Family Promise partners with local churches to provide temporary housing and services to families that have been dislocated from their homes. Contact - Nate Baum: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Project work teams – construction/ repair work - Possible projects to include: Habitat for Humanity, Family Promise – restoring mobile homes for homeless families, and/or special projects for people in the TEC church family or other needs that arise. Contact Tim Baas at email@example.com.
3. Jail Ministry - Join a team of men who take turns sending pairs of men every 8 weeks to provide a worship service at the Kent County Jail. We bring a word of hope and the Gospel to a place full of pain and frustration. Contact Bob Kingma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about Men's Ministry contact: