SUNDAY Preaching Schedule
We offer two identical services at 9:00am and 10:30am on Sunday mornings during the "school year" (Sept. 10-May) and a single service at 10:00am during the summer months (dates TBA for 2018). For more information on our worship times and style, click here. Childcare is provided during all worship services. For more information about Sundays, click here. Check our our Worship Resources (weekly playlists and scripture readings and all-church verse of the months) here.
current sermon series: what are you waiting for?
Rushing around during Christmas is almost like a tradition. Impatience grows and we lose sight of how central waiting is to the meaning of Christmas. But waiting is one of the hardest things to do in life. Waiting can feel pointless, make us feel helpless. In times of waiting, God may feel far away. This Christmas, what are you waiting for? Christmas is a time for us to learn what it means to wait - with hope - that God is at work in the world - that God is at work in our lives. You are invited to join us Sunday mornings during December as we explore the question, “What are You Waiting For?”
- December 3 [First Sunday of Advent] | Waiting for a Promise | Mark 12:24-37
- December 10 [Second Sunday of Advent] | Waiting for the Next Step | Mark 1:1-8
- December 17 [Third Sunday of Advent] | Waiting for the Big Reveal | John 1:1-18
- December 24 (morning) [Fourth Sunday of Advent] | Waiting for Better Days | Luke 1:26-38
- December 24 (evening) | How a Baby Changes Everything | Luke 2:1-20
All sermons preached at Thornapple Covenant Church are recorded. Periodically there is a problem with the recording of a message, which will cause us to not be able to post it. Past sermons can be listened to in two ways.
- If you would like to subscribe to the messages utilizing podcasts you can do so at this link where you can subscribe for free to receive the podcasts through iTunes. Subscribe to Podcasts. It works best if you have the most recent version of iTunes on your computer.
- Or you can listen directly from our website messages page. To go to the message archive page, click here.
If you have questions, contact the church office at 616-957-0580.