SUNDAY Preaching Schedule
We offer two identical services at 9:00am and 10:30am on Sunday mornings during the "school year" (Sept.-May) and a single service at 10:00am during the summer months (May 27-Sept. 2, 2018). For more information on our worship times and style, click here. Childcare is provided during all worship services. For more information about Sundays, click here. Check our our Worship Resources (weekly playlists and scripture readings and all-church verse of the months) here.
Current Sermon Series: The Moral of the Story
Stories. The Tortoise and the Hare. The Boy Who Cried Wolf. The Three Little Pigs. Each of these stories is meant to shape the life of a child through a moral lesson - perseverance, honesty, hard work pays off. The genius of these short stories is that they invite us to think about how we live our lives. During the month of August we are going to look in detail at a short story that the Apostle John tells - the story of Jesus and a blind man (John 9). This story certainly has a moral lesson to teach, but it also has the power to reshape our understanding of Jesus, ourselves and how we live in the world!
- August 5 | People of the Light | John 1:1-9 & John 9:1-7
- August 12 | Blind Spots | John 9:8-34
- August 19 | Guest Speakers Guarav & Sara Misra | Who is my Neighbor? | Luke 10:25-29
- August 25 | Light Lovers | John 9:35-41
All sermons preached at Thornapple Covenant Church are recorded. Periodically there is a problem with the recording of a message, which will cause us to not be able to post it. Past sermons can be listened to in two ways.
- If you would like to subscribe to the messages utilizing podcasts you can do so at this link where you can subscribe for free to receive the podcasts through iTunes. Subscribe to Podcasts. It works best if you have the most recent version of iTunes on your computer.
- Or you can listen directly from our website messages page. To go to the message archive page, click here.
If you have questions, contact the church office at 616-957-0580.