Regular updates from the senior pastor search committee will be posted here as they are available.
The search committee has kicked off, so far meeting over Zoom to:
- Get to know each other
- Discuss and adopt processes
- Meet with Great Lakes Superintendent, Garth McGrath
- Set a communications plan
- Review guidance and documentation from the Evangelical Covenant Church
- Draft/submit a letter of intention for the Elders
- Begin work on a congregational survey and community profile
- Elders have selected a subcommittee to draft a senior pastor job description
Partner with Us in Prayer
- May we listen well to the counsel of the Holy Spirit and each other.
- May we discern God’s will and the will of the congregation.
- May the team stay focused on identifying and finding the very best candidate.
- May we see God clearly working through the process.
Have Something to Share?
Senior Pastor Search Process Stages
Senior Pastor Search Committee
Chair: Sue Smith
Members: Michelle Bennett (staff), Stephanie DeMeester, Todd Drenth, Susan Harrell, Kim Hoekstra, Jim Knight, Brian Peneycad, Beth Read, Jim Smith (Elder), Andrew Twining and Roy Williams.
Membership at Thornapple
All potential new pastors at Thornapple go through a call process that ends with a vote by Thornapple’s membership. Members at Thornapple are regular, committed attendees who have been through the membership process. Read more about membership at Thornapple here. If you call Thornapple your home church and are interested in becoming a member, sign up for our next virtual Membership Class.