The whole thornapple community is invited to:
Urban Plunge 2018
Saturday, April 14 from 8:30am to 12:30pm
Spend a morning serving in the urban community of Grand Rapids AND get to know others from the Thornapple community while you serve together. You may work inside an urban ministry helping to stock shelves or clean or organize donations, you may work outside sprucing up the grounds for an urban ministry, you may assemble sack suppers for needy children, you may help to repair or fix up a mobile home or apartment for a needy family, or… After serving we all come back to church to have lunch together ($10) and share about our experiences.
Childcare will be available for infants through kindergarten at church. Older children can serve with their parents.
Registration: The deadline to register is April 2. Use one of the link below to register (note there is an individual registration page and a group registration page).
- If you are an individual, family or couple use this link to register: INDIVIDUAL/FAMILY REGISTRATION LINK
- If you are a leader of a group and want to register your whole group, use this link to register: GROUP REGISTRATION LINK
Quotes from previous year's participants:
- "Before today I thought that all kids lived pretty much like I did. Today I found out that I was wrong about that."
- "One of my favorite parts of the Urban Plunge was serving together as a body of Christ at the same time. I really loved the fellowship and the unity that said that serving the needy is really important to Thornapple."
- "It was a great idea and a great experience. If only more Christians went to prison!"
- "I loved getting to know others from the Thornapple community while serving together."
- "Our time was well spent and provided service that was valuable to their organization."
- A comment from one of the organizations: "We were so blessed to have such a great group of volunteers partner with us."
This project comes to you from Thornapple's Love Mercy Do Justice Ministry team. If you have questions, contact Marny Danz.