At Thornapple we believe that every adult is a life-long learner and is called to grow in the knowledge and grace of Jesus Christ our Lord.
With that in mind, we offer a number of different opportunities to engage in adult formation. Courses are offered that are designed to help adults know the gospel in its entirety and to integrate these truths into their daily lives as God’s people for God’s glory. Peridocially special seminars are offered in addition to the regular opportunities listed below.
REGULAR Opportunities for Adult Formation:
- Adult sermon reflection group meets on Sunday mornings during the second service.
- Horizons: A ministry group for anyone who would consider themselves an empty nester, who is thinking about retirement, who has recently retired, who has no upcoming plans to retire and/or who is changing their work focus. Wondering if this group is for you - learn more here.
- Small Groups for adults meet for study, fellowship and prayer. You can join a Small Group at any time. For information on Small Groups, click here.
- Bible Studies are offered for women and men. Click on the one you you would like to know more about: Women's Bible studies and Men's studies.
- Prayer Ministry - Intercessory prayer is a vital part of the ministry of the church. To learn about the many opportunities for prayer, click here.
- Covenant Affirmations: Periodically we offer a class on Covenant Affirmations - the basic beliefs of the Covenant denomination. For more about this class and for link to each affirmation, each class presentation and videos from the Covenant about each affirmation, click here.
- Retreats: There are retreats periodically for women and men.
- Marriage Ministry: We offer The Marriage Course periodically as well as counseling upon request. For more details, click here.
- Read through the Bible: For a self guided read through the 100 essential passages of the Bible program, click here.
For adults seeking employment you can access some resources by clicking here.
If you have questions about adult formation at Thornapple, please contact Pastor Andrew Vanover at email@example.com or 616-957-0580.