At Thornapple we believe that every adult is a life-long learner and is called to grow in the knowledge and grace of Jesus Christ our Lord.
With that in mind, we offer a number of different opportunities to engage in adult formation. Courses are offered that are designed to help adults know the gospel in its entirety and to integrate these truths into their daily lives as God's people for God's glory. Periodocially special seminars are offered in addition to the regular opportunities listed below.
REGULAR Opportunities for Adult Formation:
- Horizons: A ministry group for adults who are empty nesters, pre-retired and early retired. Learn more here.
- Small Groups for adults meet for study, fellowship and prayer. To join a small group, contact Pastor Karen. For information on Small Groups, click here.
- Bible Studies are offered for women, men and young adults. Click on the one you would like to know more about: Women's Bible studies, Men's studies, and Young Adults. We also offer a program for Prime Timers (seniors) that includes study called Soup and Study.
- Prayer Ministry - Intercessory prayer is a vital part of the ministry of the church. To learn about the many opportunities for prayer, click here.
- Retreats: There are retreats periodically for women and men. Information on these will be posted in The Connect, Bulletin and Facebook.
- Marriage Ministry: We offer The Marriage Course periodically as well as counseling upon request. For more details, click here.
- Read through the Bible: For a self guided read through the 100 essential passages of the Bible program, click here.
- For adults seeking employment you can access some resources by clicking here.
If you have questions about adult formation at Thornapple, please contact Pastor Andrew Vanover at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-957-0580.