Thornapple's Student Ministry enables students to grow in their faith, challenges them to serve others and honor God with their life, and helps them to connect with other students. Student Ministries includes Senior High School (9th through 12th grade) and Middle School (6th through 8th grade). We offer opportunities to learn, grow and build relationships on Sunday mornings/evenings, Wednesday evenings and other times throughout the year. We also offer retreats, mission trips, service projects, bike/hike trips, and other activities.
Go here to view/answer listening questions from the Minister to Students Search Committee.
Sundays - September through May
- Middle School Huddle: Sunday mornings, during the 10:30 service. Games, teaching, small groups and bagels.
- High School Huddle: Sunday nights, 6-8pm. Hanging out, worship teaching, small groups and snacks.
Wednesday evenings September through March:
- ReFuel for High School students - 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8pm. A midweek meeting for High School students. ReFuel will consist of dinner, great discussion and a time to relax.
- JAM for Middle School students - 1st and 3rd Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8pm. A midweek meeting for Middle School students. JAM will include games, hanging out and good food.
2017 Summer dates:
- Adventure Week in GR - For fall 6th-8th grade students June 12-15. Signup starts May 1.
- Adventure Trip in Maine - For High School students; July 15-23. More information to come.
Go here to access the Student Blog where you can see pictures and read updates from student trips.
For more information OR if you have a desire to volunteer in Student Ministry, contact the Student Ministry office at 957-0580 and ask for Linda Winer (Middle School Youth Ministry Associate) or Laurie Guikema (High School Youth Ministry Associate). Or e-mail them at: