Thornapple's Student Ministry enables students to grow in their faith, challenges them to serve others and honor God with their life, and helps them to connect with other students. Student Ministries includes Senior High School (9th through 12th grade) and Middle School (6th through 8th grade). We offer opportunities to learn, grow and build relationships on Sunday mornings/evenings, Wednesday evenings and other times throughout the year. We also offer retreats, mission trips, service projects, bike/hike trips, and other activities.
- CHIC 2018 | Learn more about CHIC and sign up here.
- MS Believe Conference | Friday, Apr. 20-Saturday, Apr.21. Learn more and register here.
- TSM 5K | Saturday, May 5 at 9:00am at Cascade Park. Learn more and register here.
Sundays - September through May
- Middle School Huddle: Sunday mornings, during the 10:30 service. Games, teaching, small groups and food.
- High School Huddle: Sunday mornings, during the 10:30 services. Hanging out, worship teaching, small groups and food.
- High School Small Group Sundays: Second Sunday evening of each month (Oct.-May) small groups meet offsite at a host family's house (locations vary, small group leaders will contact students with info).
Wednesday evenings September through March:
- ReFuel for High School students - 1st and 3rd Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8pm. A midweek meeting for High School students. ReFuel will consist of dinner, great discussion and a time to relax.
- JAM (Jesus and Me) for Middle School students - 1st and 3rd Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8pm. A midweek meeting for Middle School students. JAM will include games, hanging out and good food.
Go here to access the Student Blog where you can see pictures and read updates from student trips.
For more information OR if you have a desire to volunteer in Student Ministry, contact the Student Ministry office at 957-0580 and ask for Cory Hendrickson (Minister to Students), Linda Winer (Middle School Youth Ministry Associate) or Laurie Guikema (High School Youth Ministry Associate). Or e-mail them at: